Whether you’re planning a trip to the first outdoor, cold weather Super Bowl or organizing the ultimate Super Bowl party in the warmth of your own home, take the time to make sure you aren’t spending any unnecessary funds. Consider these 5 money saving party tips for creating the ultimate Super Bowl experience for your friends and family:
- Kick off your party with some game-day party décor. An AstroTurf table cloth with some mini footballs will create the perfect backdrop for your game day grub, and they can be found very inexpensively at your local dollar store.
- Score a touchdown with football faves that everyone loves! From championship Chili to hot wings and nachos; a game-day theme drink and more; check out these delicious, low-cost recipes for your Super Bowl party: Easy and Cheap Super Bowl Party Recipes. These inexpensive, easy to make food items are sure to score you a touchdown with your guests and your wallet.
- Plan a Super Bowl beer tasting. Have each person bring a 6-pack of their favorite craft beer and include a notepad with pens so folks can jot down their favorites. Making your party BYOB saves you money, plus including a notepad allows your guests to boast about their favorite brews.
- A little friendly wagering will make your party complete. If everyone attending your party is not an avid football fan, consider getting them involved by placing non-monetary bets (could be a dare or picking up the tab on your next outing). Bets can include: who will the coin toss, what’s the length of the National Anthem, who will wear the most outrageous outfit at the half-time show, and more! You can download a printable sheet of fun bets to use at your party for free at Celebrations.com by clicking here.
- Not interested in the game? Host a Super Bowl commercial watching party! Decorate with sponsor logos, which can easily be found on the internet for free, and offer up their snacks to guests. This is an inexpensive way to still partake in the Super Bowl festivities with your friends and family.
Here at Mariner Finance we make personal loans for any reason – whether it’s a Super Bowl sports vacation getaway, consolidating bills, or purchasing a new car, come visit us for your financing needs! Stop by one of our convenient locations, or click here to apply for a loan today.
†We offer personal loans from $1,000 to $25,000, with loans terms from 12 to 60 months. Minimum and maximum amounts dependent on an applicant’s state of residence and the underwriting of the loan. Loans between $1,500 and $15,000 may be funded online. Loans greater than $15,000 or less than $1,500 are funded through our branch network. Specific interest rates and fees are determined as permitted under applicable state law and depend upon loan amount, term, and the applicant’s ability to meet our credit criteria, including, but not limited to, credit history, income, debt payment obligations, and other factors such as availability of collateral. Not all rates and loan amounts are available in all states. Additional fees may apply to some loan offers; some state required and/or permitted fees may be treated as prepaid finance charges. Any such charges shall be in addition to the loan amount requested and/or approved and shall be fully disclosed to the applicant on his/her loan agreement. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rates or larger loan amounts, which may require a first lien on a motor vehicle not more than ten years old titled in the applicant’s name with valid insurance. Our loan by phone and online closing process requires a compatible mobile or computer device on which you can access your email and electronic documents. Not all loan types are eligible for loan by phone or online loan closing.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As a result, under our customer identification program, we must ask for your name, street address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
For any stated annual percentage rate (“APR”), the APR represents the cost of credit as a yearly rate and will be determined based upon an applicant’s credit at the time of application, subject to state law limits. A range of APR’s may be applicable, subject to state law limits and individual underwriting. Not all applicants will qualify for a lower rate. APR’s are generally higher on loans not secured by a vehicle, and the lowest rates typically apply to the most creditworthy borrowers. All terms and conditions of a loan offer, including the APR, will be disclosed during the application process. As an example, with an amount financed of $5,000.00 the borrower receives $5,000.00 at an APR of 29.99% and an interest rate of 28.77% which includes a finance charge of $3,640.96. Under these terms, the borrower would make 48 monthly payments of $180.02, for a total of payments of $8,640.96. The amount financed may not be the net proceeds paid if charges other than interest are included in the loan.
*The process uses a “soft” credit inquiry to determine whether a loan offer is available, which does not impact your credit score. If you continue with the application process online and accept a loan offer, or are referred to a branch and continue your application there, we will pull your credit report and credit score again using a “hard” credit inquiry. This “hard” credit inquiry may impact your credit score.