Are you looking for haunted houses in Maryland? Then this list is for you! There are currently more Haunted Houses nationwide (2,700 locations) than Target stores (1,800 locations). So deciding which scary attractions to visit in any state can be difficult. To help you select where to go in The Old Line State, let’s take a look at the Top 5 Best Haunted Houses in Maryland:
7875A Eastpoint Mall Baltimore, MD 21224
Bennett’s Curse has been operating haunted houses in Maryland since 2001. Now located in Eastpoint Mall in Dundalk, MD, Bennett’s Curse offers 5 unique haunted experiences for 2019. These 5 nightmares include:
- Underworld Haunted House – Formed from a “great portal connecting the world of the living and of the undead”.
- Legends of Halloween – Bennett’s Curse says this haunted house will bring customers to ”a world where everything you know and love about Halloween is brought to life”.
- Inferno 3D – Each guest is equipped with a pair of 3D glasses as they go through “Dante’s Inferno”.
- Ravenbrook Asylum – A new asylum where you come face to face with the “criminally insane”.
- Coulrophobia – Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns and this haunted attraction is determined to give you exactly that.
Legends of the Fog
500 Carsins Run Rd, Aberdeen, MD 21001
Looking for a haunted house in Harford County, Maryland? Legends of the Fog has you covered. Operating since 2006, they present 4 attractions you have to overcome in order to escape the “toxic fog”. These attractions are:
- Classic Haunted Hayride – Legends of the Fog claims that this is one of the scariest and longest haunted hayrides in Maryland and the surrounding area.
- The Farewell Hotel – Over 70 doors are inside this haunted hotel. Can you find the right door out?
- Cornstalkers Haunted Maze – A haunted maze in a real cornfield where the Cornstalkers prey on their victims.
- Sinister Circus – This haunted circus features a bearded lady, conjoined twins and (of course) clowns. This sideshow isn’t looking for laughs or applause but for screams.
Field of Screams Maryland
4501 Olney Laytonsville Rd, Olney, MD 20832
This long-running haunted house in Olney, Maryland is celebrating their 20th season. Along with 4 haunted attractions, Field of Screams also offers bonfires where you can create your own s’mores. The haunts include:
- Trail of Terror – 13 small haunted houses are scattered throughout this half-hour walk through a haunted forest.
- Haunted Trail – A new second trail has you walking through the woods where you encounter 13 additional haunted houses.
- Slaughter Factory – This deranged slaughterhouse grinds up their employees instead of animals.
- Carnival Town Games – A sick twist on a classic carnival that features games such as “Zombie Brain Smash” and “Body Bean Bag Pumpkin Toss”.
The Nevermore Haunt
450 Mott St. Baltimore, MD 21202
If you are looking for a haunted attraction in Baltimore City, check out the unique Nevermore Haunt. This Maryland inspired haunted house is locally themed and takes you back to Baltimore City in the late 19th century. You will encounter “tortured factory workers”, “drowned sailors” and “unlicensed physicians”. Also featured is Isaac’s Maleficent Side Show which showcases sword swallowers, fortune tellers and magicians. Along with food, The Nevermore Haunt is the only haunted house on our list that serves alcohol!
Laurel’s House of Horror
935 Fairlawn Avenue, Laurel, MD 20707
If you live closer to Washington DC, Laurel’s House of Horror can scare you more than a politician. This haunted house is located in an old abandoned movie theater that is said to contain real paranormal activity. Also included are two Escape Rooms called “Escape the Movies”. These feature elements from popular horror movies such as Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th and The Conjuring.
You don’t have to live in this state to enjoy all of these great haunted houses in Maryland. Take a road trip to experience all that Maryland has to offer. If you need additional funds, check out Mariner Finance vacation loans. Have fun and safe hauntings.
get personal finance tips,
and seasonal offers.
Sign up for the Mariner Finance newsletter.