Looking for haunted houses in PA? Well then this list has you covered! It is estimated that the haunted attraction business is a billion-dollar industry. Since there is so much competition, it is hard narrowing down the best haunted houses in Pennsylvania, or any other state. To help you spend your time and money wisely, let’s look at the Top 5 Best Haunted Houses in PA:
Kim’s Krypt Haunted Mill
5932 Colonial Valley Road, Spring Grove, PA 17362
Kim’s Krypt Haunted Mill is one of the newest haunted houses in PA, but that doesn’t make it any less scary. Celebrating their 4th season and located on 64 acres, this spine-tingling attraction offers 6 different haunts. They include:
- Haunted Mill – A cursed second floor and a basement full of the “ashes of the dead” make up this mill.
- Terror Trail – An outdoor trail that takes you through the woods, a morgue, junkyard and playground.
- Kim’s Krazy Maze – Can you find your way out of this madhouse maze?
- House of Eyes – “I always feel like somebody’s watching me…” and now you will too when you enter this haunted house full of evil voyeurs.
- Dark Despair – A pitch-black haunted house where you’re forced to go through alone.
- Horror of Menges Mill – Do you like bloody butcher shops, cursed dolls and secret prisons? Well then this haunted attraction is for you.
Eastern State Penitentiary – Terror Behind the Walls
2027 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130
This haunted house is actually a historic Pennsylvania prison! Bank robber “Slick Willie” Sutton and the notorious Al Capone once walked these halls. Eastern State Penitentiary is believed to really be haunted and has about 60 paranormal teams visit each year. What will happen when you add six haunted attractions to an already haunted place? Find out when you enter:
- Infirmary – Usually, an inmate would go to an infirmary to get better but these evil surgeons, dentists and nurses have other plans. Will you be their next patient?
- Blood Yard – Encounter a colony that consists of a butcher, warriors and an ancient empress.
- Machine Shop – A long-forgotten shop where visitors risk becoming “just another cog in the machine.”
- Lock Down – Located in Cellblock 12, this area is said to be the most haunted place in the prison. Now it is inhabited by rioting zombies who have taken over.
- Quarantine 4D – Visitors of this area will encounter an “infectious outbreak” that will have mind-altering effects.
- Break Out – The zombie inmates are escaping and may use you to make it to freedom.
Field of Screams
191 College Avenue, Mountville, PA 17554
Not to be confused with the unrelated Field of Screams haunted attraction in Maryland, this is the original “Field of Screams” and has been operating since 1993. Located near Lancaster, PA, they have scared over one million visitors and offer four unique attractions. These include:
- Haunted Hayride – According to Field of Screams, this is one of the first haunted hayrides in the world. With that longevity, it is a safe bet that they have perfected the terror in this cornfield.
- Den of Darkness – This three-story building from the 1800s is home to “blood-thirsty butchers” and “nightmarish monsters.”
- Frightmare Asylum – Encounter some of the most “criminally insane” patients, along with demented doctors and evil nurses, in this freakish asylum.
- Nocturnal Wasteland – A walk through the “wicked woods” where you never know who you’ll encounter.
99 Stehman Road, Lancaster, PA 17603
For 33 years, this long-running haunted attraction in PA gives a big scare to the Lancaster area. Sometimes you can even catch actors making special celebrity appearances from movies such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Addams Family and The Exorcist. Jason’s Woods has six attractions that will make you unluckier than a camping teenager on Friday the 13th. These scares include:
- Horrifying Hayride – Experience an erupting volcano and getting hit by an 18-wheeler in this haunted hayride that includes integrated motion technology.
- Chamber of Horrors – Claimed to be the most unique and over the top horror experience at Jason’s Woods.
- Zombie Apocalypse – A post-apocalyptic world where humans are hunted by zombies.
- Lost in Jason’s Woods – Any forest can be scary but can you find your way out of Jason’s Woods?
- Carnival of Fear – A heart pounding carnival, with even more evil clowns than ever.
Bridge St & Church St, Spring City, PA 19475
Pennhurst Asylum is located in the former Pennhurst State School and Hospital. After years of patient abuse was exposed and employees indicted, the psychiatric hospital was shut down in 1987. Now a haunted house in PA, Pennhurst offers 4 scary attractions. These are:
- Pennhurst Asylum – Home to some of the most “criminally insane,” guests can now tour the infamous Maximum Security Wing.
- The Morgue – Walk through this horrifying morgue where the dead aren’t really dead.
- Containment – A secret government underground facility where you’ll witness patients being inhumanely experimented on. They are now accepting outside volunteers.
- Mayflower After Dark – A self-guided tour where you walk through a building that is claimed to have real paranormal activity. No props or actors are needed for this terror.
You don’t have to live in PA to enjoy all of these great haunted houses. Take a road trip to experience all that Pennsylvania has to offer. If you need additional funds, check out Mariner Finance vacation loans. Have a terrifyingly good time.
get personal finance tips,
and seasonal offers.
Sign up for the Mariner Finance newsletter.