Day trips in Georgia can be a great way to get out and explore. No matter if you’re with family or friends Georgia has day trips everyone may enjoy. In this article we’ll cover some places you can travel to and enjoy in a day’s time.
Let’s get started!
Best Day trips in Georgia
Georgia is known for its national historic sites, small towns, national wildlife and beautiful cities. Whether you’re into art museums or national parks there is a getaway for you. Let’s explore these fun day trips in GA below:
- One of the most thriving cities in Georgia. Here you can catch a Broadway play at A, smell the orchids at the Atlanta Botanical Garden or experience flight history in the Delta M.If you’re taking a family day trip you may want to consider checking out the Georgia Aquarium, catching a wave from the dolphins, or swimming with the whale sharks.There is something for everyone even for history buffs. Take a stroll through the national historic site of Martin Luther King Jr. or even visit the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Rock City
- Visit an amazing natural attraction with stunning landscapes, home of Lookout Mountain (a rock formation nearly 1.700 feet above sea level.) Nearby is also Ruby Falls one of the most visited underground waterfalls in Georgia. Here you can witness the awe of a 145-foot waterfall that lives deep beneath the earth.
- Lake Lanier
- Located in North Georgia this is a summertime favorite amongst locals. Featuring dozens of water slides, mini-golf, hikes and zip lines. With a day trip to Lake Lanier enjoy the water activities, island hopping and more.
- Amicalola Falls State P
- This is more than just a state park and a place to stay it’s a place to play. If you enjoy the outdoors you can paddle board, make s’mores, take fly fishing classes, guided hikes, and even camp out. This state park is great for couples, friends and children.
- Blue Ridge
- If you’re looking to get far from the city Blue Ridge is often referred to as Georgia’s favorite mountain town. No matter the season there is always something to do. Here you can go trout fishing, hike the Appalachian Trail, go horseback riding or golf. Whatever you fancy there is something for everyone.
- Civil war tours in Savannah, GA
- Take a walking tour in the city and discover interesting facts about its civil war history. The Savannah Walks tour visits the houses of confederate generals and headquarters during the federal occupation of the city.
- Callaway Gardens
- Now, if you’re looking to take a romantic day trip check out Callaway Resorts and Gardens. Here you can immerse yourself in the natural wonders of one of Georgia’s most beautiful gardens. Listen to the chirps of woodland birds, smell fragrant blossoms and see a dazzling array of beautiful flowers. Even if you’re not into the outdoors you can relax in their full service spa.
- Georgia Guidestones
- In 1979 Elberton Granite finishing company was tasked by an anonymous man to build a monument. He said no one was to know his real name or what he was representing. One year later in 1980 the giant monolith was completed carrying a tablet proclaiming that these are to be the guide stones into an age of reason. Written in 8 different languages are the guiding principle and or commandments. This mysterious monument is a great site for a quick trip.
- Chattahoochee National Forest, Suches
- If you love the outdoors this national forest may be the day getaway you’ve been looking for. Covering a vast 750,000 acres in North Georgia visitors are awed by the natural vistas, lakes, rivers and waterfalls. This is a great location for canoeing, kayaking or even swimming.
- Stone Mountain Park
- Stone Mountain Park is Georgia most visited attraction. Sitting on 3200 acres of natural beauty it’s a site to see. It’s named for the vast monolith at its center. And it’s conveniently located just 15 miles outside of Atlanta. Take a ride on the stunning high-speed cable cars that provide a stunning view of the confederate memorial carving. Or, take your kids to the Dinotorium for indoor fun, games and wonder. There are so many great things to do at Stone Mountain Park it’s the ultimate day trip no matter your age.
From North Georgia to South Georgia there are day . If you’re interested in taking a trip soon and are in needfunds, check out our Mariner Finance vacation loans. Enjoy your travels, be safe and have a great day trip.
get personal finance tips,
and seasonal offers.
Sign up for the Mariner Finance newsletter.