Searching for haunted houses in Houston? Well, Houston…we have a problem. There are many great haunted attractions in Southeast Texas, so narrowing down the best can be difficult. Texas has been known for screams ever since Leatherface and the rest of the Sawyer family learned how to operate a chainsaw, and Houston is no different. If you want to know the best places to get scared this Halloween season in H-Town, check out these Top 5 Haunted Houses in Houston.
Phobia Haunted Houses
5250 S Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, TX 77048
Do you have any phobias? Almost everyone has some. If you have a fear of bananas, you have bananaphobia. How about a fear of beards? That is pogonophobia. Are you afraid of long words? If so, you actually have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Phobia Haunted Houses offers much scarier fears in 8 different haunts. These phobia-inducing attractions include:
- Dawn of the Machine – Machines are taking over. Will one become governor of “Cal-ee-fornia”?
- Mind Control – This hospital is no longer controlling the minds of their “mental patients”.
- Genetic Nightmare – Genetic mutants that you do not want to encounter in the dark.
- Clown Mania – Coulrophobics may want to avoid this room.
- Darke Institute – Horror from the twisted mind of Dr. Phylo Darke.
- Darke World – Where the dead come to eat.
- Savage Ground – “Lurkers” riot in the streets. Try to avoid the mayhem…if you can.
- Contagion – Can you escape this disease before it’s too late?
1500 Elton St, Houston, TX 77034
HoustonScreamFest is not just a haunted house, it’s a full-blown festival! A purchased ticket includes unlimited admission to their haunted houses, paintball activities, live concerts, and all drinks are included– including adult beverages! This doesn’t mean, however, that they slacked off on the terror. Their haunted attractions include:
- Sanitarium – The inmates in this asylum have taken over. Will they take out their aggression on you?
- Castle of Doom – A maze filled with medieval horrors and a vortex that will suck you back in.
- Casa De La Llorona – What is the mystery of the crying lady?
- The Graveyard – A final resting place where the dead aren’t resting.
- Texas Chainsaw Maze – Running from chainsaw-wielding killers is hard enough. Now try it in a maze!
Creepy Hollow Haunted House
12872 Valley Vista Drive, Rosharon, TX 77584
Creepy Hollow Haunted House was recently voted scariest haunted house in Texas, and even made it on the Top 13 list of scariest attractions in the country by The Haunted House Association. With that kind of ranking, you definitely don’t know what kind of terror to expect around every corner. Their three haunted attractions are:
- 288 Scare Factory – An experimental virus that was meant to “cure all of man’s afflictions” has gone wrong and created zombies. Can you help keep the virus contained?
- Dark Woods – Toxic waste in a dark forest has led to mutated vagrants and a caretaker looking to replace his toxic waste burned flesh with your skin.
- Pitch Black – A holding facility that experiments with complete darkness and extreme light.
Houston Terror Dome
16030 East Freeway, Channelview, TX 77530
Along with screams, Houston Terror Dome offers a DJ and dancing zombies. Their haunted attractions are fully air-conditioned. They say it’s to keep the corpses from rotting, and keeping you cool from the Texas heat is an added bonus. The only sweat you’ll encounter here is from fear. Terror Dome’s attractions include:
- Houston Terror Dome Haunted House – Over 50 actors work together to scare you while you walk through a butcher’s shop, vortex, swamp, and 3D rooms.
- Sicko’s and Freako’s Paint Ball Gallery – Shoot paintballs at Halloween themed targets including animatronics and a live clown.
2225 North Sam Houston Pkwy, West Houston, TX 77038
Houston’s longest-running haunted house is ScreamWorld. They are celebrating their 31st season which means that they started way back in 1988, the same year Texan George HW Bush became President. ScreamWorld employs 120 actors throughout its five attractions. These include:
- The Voodoo Swamp – Snakes, marsh monsters and magic encompass this swamp.
- Jake’s Slaughterhouse – A meat processing plant offers beef, pork and…maybe you don’t want to know.
- Edge of Darkness – Comprised of some of the scariest locations in our society such as a morgue, death row, and a boiler room.
- Maze of Maniacs – A maze filled with evil clowns. What could go wrong?
- Zombie Graveyard – You may not want to pay your respects in a cemetery filled with the undead.
You don’t have to live in H-Town to enjoy these great haunted houses in Houston. Take a road trip to experience all that Texas has to offer. If you need additional funds, check out Mariner Finance vacation loans. Have a ghostly good trip.
†We offer personal loans from $1,000 to $25,000, with loans terms from 12 to 60 months. Minimum and maximum amounts dependent on an applicant’s state of residence and the underwriting of the loan. Loans between $1,500 and $15,000 may be funded online. Loans greater than $15,000 or less than $1,500 are funded through our branch network. Specific interest rates and fees are determined as permitted under applicable state law and depend upon loan amount, term, and the applicant’s ability to meet our credit criteria, including, but not limited to, credit history, income, debt payment obligations, and other factors such as availability of collateral. Not all rates and loan amounts are available in all states. Additional fees may apply to some loan offers; some state required and/or permitted fees may be treated as prepaid finance charges. Any such charges shall be in addition to the loan amount requested and/or approved and shall be fully disclosed to the applicant on his/her loan agreement. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rates or larger loan amounts, which may require a first lien on a motor vehicle not more than ten years old titled in the applicant’s name with valid insurance. Our loan by phone and online closing process requires a compatible mobile or computer device on which you can access your email and electronic documents. Not all loan types are eligible for loan by phone or online loan closing.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As a result, under our customer identification program, we must ask for your name, street address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
For any stated annual percentage rate (“APR”), the APR represents the cost of credit as a yearly rate and will be determined based upon an applicant’s credit at the time of application, subject to state law limits. A range of APR’s may be applicable, subject to state law limits and individual underwriting. Not all applicants will qualify for a lower rate. APR’s are generally higher on loans not secured by a vehicle, and the lowest rates typically apply to the most creditworthy borrowers. All terms and conditions of a loan offer, including the APR, will be disclosed during the application process. As an example, with an amount financed of $5,000.00 the borrower receives $5,000.00 at an APR of 29.99% and an interest rate of 28.77% which includes a finance charge of $3,640.96. Under these terms, the borrower would make 48 monthly payments of $180.02, for a total of payments of $8,640.96. The amount financed may not be the net proceeds paid if charges other than interest are included in the loan.
*The process uses a “soft” credit inquiry to determine whether a loan offer is available, which does not impact your credit score. If you continue with the application process online and accept a loan offer, or are referred to a branch and continue your application there, we will pull your credit report and credit score again using a “hard” credit inquiry. This “hard” credit inquiry may impact your credit score.