Mariner Finance, LLC,
8211 Town Center Dr.
Nottingham, Maryland 21236
2019 Sharing is Caring Monthly Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To win a prize, entrants are not required to purchase goods or services, pay any money, or submit to a sales promotion effort. Making a purchase will not increase the chances of winning. All entries, whether submitted online or by mail (as described below), have an equal chance of winning. Valid only in states in which Sponsor maintains a branch location as noted below.
- Agreement to the Official Rules. By entering the 2019 Sharing is Caring Monthly Sweepstakes(the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Mariner Finance, LLC (“Sponsor”), each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules. Eligibility and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility. To be eligible, entrants must be U.S. citizens and 18 years of age or older and residents of a state in which Sponsor maintains a branch location (Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin) at the time Sweepstakes entry is submitted. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Timing. The Sweepstakes will run during the 2019 calendar year, and the Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00:01 AM EST on the first day of each month and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on the last day of each month. (the “Promotion Period”). All entries submitted must be received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period in order to be considered. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period:
- Online. To access the Sweepstakes page, visit marinerfinance.com/sweepstakes/, Sponsor’s facebook page www.facebook.com/marinerfinance, direct mail, Sponsor’s homepage, www.marinerfinance.com, or Sponsor’s blog www.marinerfinance.com/blog/. The Sweepstakes page requires the submission of the entrant’s first name, last name, and e-mail address. Upon submission of the required information, the entrant will be entered into the Sweepstakes.Limit: Each entrant may submit one (1) entry during each Promotion Period. Multiple entries by the same individual with different e-mail addresses during the same Promotion Period are not permitted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or in any other method will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry is deemed to be made by the individual whose contact information is provided in the entry. An entrant’s submission constitutes consent to participate in the Sweepstakes, acceptance and agreement with these Official Rules including Sponsor’s sole interpretation of the same, and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use and transfer the entrant’s name, email address, mailing address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for general marketing purposes.Refer a Friend Additional Online Entries: After an entrant submits a Sweepstakes entry, he/she can refer a friend by sharing the personal link he/she receives. For every friend that participates in the Sweepstakes by using the provided personal link and by submitting an entry into the Sweepstakes, the original entrant will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry during the applicable Promotion Period. There is no limit to the number of additional entries for each entrant per Promotion Period received via friend referrals.
- Mail. To enter by mail, print your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address, and the words “2019 Sharing is Caring Monthly Sweepstakes” on a plain 3”x5” notecard and mail it in a sealed, stamped, and hand printed envelope to: 2019 Sharing is Caring Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 44490, Baltimore, MD 21236. Each submission by mail will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Each entry by mail will constitute only one submission per a Promotion Period, and additional entries will be required for subsequent Promotion Periods. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted, and only one entry per envelope will be accepted. Entry is deemed to be made by the individual whose contact information is provided in the mailing. An entrant’s submission constitutes consent to participate in the Sweepstakes, acceptance and agreement with these Official Rules including Sponsor’s interpretation of the same, and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer the entrant’s name, email address, mailing address and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for general marketing purposes.
- Prizes. There will be one (1) winner of the Sweepstakes during each Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes prize is a $250 Amazon ® gift card. Each monthly Sweepstakes drawing will also result in a two hundred and fifty dollar ($250) donation in Sponsor’s name to Jeffie’s Choice, a charity striving to end hunger in local communities. Each winner will receive the Amazon ® gift card prize via e-mail or mail. Gift card prizes are subject to terms and conditions of use issued by the card sellers and any terms and conditions set forth on the card itself. Prizes are nontransferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Winner Selection. A winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about the first Monday of the month following the end of each Promotion Period from all eligible entries received by Sponsor during that Promotion Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries. Each winner will be notified by Sponsor by email. If Sponsor is unable to confirm contact with a potential winner within 72 hours of the initial attempted contact using the contact information provided at the time of entry, the potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize, and a subsequent alternate winner will be selected using the same process until a winner is confirmed (“Confirmed Winner”). The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. The Confirmed Winner will be required to submit valid identification to Sponsor, to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, and to execute all waivers and release agreements required by Sponsor, where legally permissible, prior to being awarded a prize. If a Confirmed Winner fails to submit any such information as requested, such Confirmed Winner will be disqualified and a new winner may be selected. Refusal, inability, or incapacity to execute any waiver or release disqualifies the refusing, disabled, or incapacitated winner. In the event a Confirmed Winner engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, is inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to such individual. Receipt and use of all prizes shall be conditioned upon compliance with any applicable federal, state, and local laws. If a Confirmed Winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. An entrant may only win a prize one (1) time per twelve (12) month period. Entries do not roll to subsequent Promotion Periods. All winners from previous twelve (12) month period will be disqualified and ineligible to win a prize.
- Taxes. Any federal, state, or local tax or other fees or charges associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner. To meet Federal tax regulations, a winner may be required to present his or her social security number to Sponsor upon request. Prizes may be considered income, subject to taxation; consult with a tax advisor for specific advice.
- Disclaimer/Release. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to interpret compliance with these rules, and to disqualify any entrant deemed to have violated these rules or to have filled out any application or submitted any entry materials incorrectly, incompletely, or untruthfully at any time prior to the distribution of the prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), Amazon.com, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any third-party claims or cause of actions arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Further, entrants agree that the Released Parties will not be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for (a) electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or for technical, network, telephone equipment, mobile phone or tablet, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof; (b) lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, postage-due, or mutilated entries or mail; (c) typographical errors in any entry or in any internet presentation and/or printed materials relating to the Sweepstakes; (d) errors in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials, human-processing error, failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Sweepstakes, human error, or otherwise; (e) cancellations, postponements, or delays of any kind, including but not limited those relating to the Sweepstakes or the prize; or (f) breaking news, a natural disaster, an act of God, war, or terrorism that makes it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to conduct the Sweepstakes or any part thereof or otherwise perform under these Sweepstakes rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Limitations of Liability. AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, NOT EXCEED ($5.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE. ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED ($5.00) WHETHER FORSEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY NOT), AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Miscellaneous. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, for any reason, without notice, and at its sole discretion.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its licensees, assignees, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated entities and its employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors, to use winner’s name and likeness for purposes of publicity, advertising, trade and promotion, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- All provisions of these Official Rules shall be severable and the invalidity of any provision, or portion thereof, shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction/Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate Maryland State Court located in Baltimore County, Maryland; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Maryland law, without regard to any conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Winner List. For the winner’s name following the conclusion of each Promotion Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by the first Tuesday of the month following the end of the promotion period to: Mariner Finance, P.O. Box 44490, Baltimore, MD 21236.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Amazon ®.
Making personal loans sense.
Got questions? Get answers.
What is the minimum amount I can borrow? How long does an application take? Is there a prepayment penalty?
Ready to speak to a person—in person?
You have your own unique goals to meet, and it all starts with a 5 minute conversation with one of our team members. You can reach us directly at 877-310-2373.
What is a personal loan?
Great question. It’s a loan that may help you deal with an unexpected expense, see a new part of the world, or simply help you achieve your personal goals. We have those.
†We offer personal loans from $1,000 to $25,000, with loans terms from 12 to 60 months. Minimum and maximum amounts dependent on an applicant’s state of residence and the underwriting of the loan. Loans between $1,500 and $15,000 may be funded online. Loans greater than $15,000 or less than $1,500 are funded through our branch network. Specific interest rates and fees are determined as permitted under applicable state law and depend upon loan amount, term, and the applicant’s ability to meet our credit criteria, including, but not limited to, credit history, income, debt payment obligations, and other factors such as availability of collateral. Not all rates and loan amounts are available in all states. Additional fees may apply to some loan offers; some state required and/or permitted fees may be treated as prepaid finance charges. Any such charges shall be in addition to the loan amount requested and/or approved and shall be fully disclosed to the applicant on his/her loan agreement. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rates or larger loan amounts, which may require a first lien on a motor vehicle not more than ten years old titled in the applicant’s name with valid insurance. Our loan by phone and online closing process requires a compatible mobile or computer device on which you can access your email and electronic documents. Not all loan types are eligible for loan by phone or online loan closing.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As a result, under our customer identification program, we must ask for your name, street address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
*The process uses a “soft” credit inquiry to determine whether a loan offer is available, which does not impact your credit score. If you continue with the application process online and accept a loan offer, or are referred to a branch and continue your application there, we will pull your credit report and credit score again using a “hard” credit inquiry. This “hard” credit inquiry may impact your credit score.