Don’t know what to get your guy, brother, son, dad, etc. this holiday season? Did you use our last year’s Top Gifts for Guys post to help you out? If so, we’re back to help again! We sent out a survey to over 1,000 Mariner Finance employees asking to rank their top gift choices. (Don’t know what to get the women in your life? Check out this year’s Top Gifts for Women!) Out of the 1,155 individuals that took our survey, 379 of them were male. They chose the following categories as their most popular gift choices:
- Electronics (51%)- The most popular gift category for guys at Mariner Finance was electronics. This includes anything from iPads, TVs, laptops, gaming systems, and gadgets. The new Apple Watch is a popular gift this holiday season!
- Gift cards (30%)-Gift cards aren’t always the most thoughtful gifts, but they are often the most sought after because they give the receiver the opportunity to choose what they want. If your significant other, brother, etc., have not been vocal about what they want, give them a gift card to their favorite store. This will give them an opportunity to pick something out they will love.
- Sporting equipment (24%)-It’s not surprising that sporting equipment ranked highly as a popular gift for guys. If they play/like a sport, consider getting them an item related to that sport, whether that’s new golf clubs or golf balls.
- Clothing (19%)-Clothing ranked high as a popular gift category for guys as well. This includes jackets, shirts, pants, etc. Taking a look through their closet will help you determine what items they might want/need. Don’t forget to look at the sizes on the tags too!
- Travel/activities (17%)-A travel and/or activity gift is thoughtful and exciting. This can include anything from concert tickets, planning a trip to a destination on his “must visit” list, lift tickets to a ski resort, sporting event tickets, and more.
- Games (12%)-If videos games are his weakness, consider purchasing him the season’s newest game. Or if he has a favorite card game, such as Cards Against Humanity, or a board game from his childhood, these may be good options as well. Then you can play along too!
- Food/beverage (11%)-You can never go wrong with a food or beverage gift for a guy. Pick out some of his favorite treats and drinks, or plan to cook his favorite meal one night. Voilà; best gift ever!
- Auto (11%)-This category can include anything from car parts to a new ride! Just make sure to check for a specific make or model before buying.
- Tools (11%)– If he’s a handyman consider gifting him some new tools or updating his old set.
- Music/movies/books (10%)-When in doubt, CD’s, movies, and books are always a safe bet.
- Health/fitness (9%)-This gift category can include anything from a gym membership, to a spa treatment. So if he’s set on getting fit for the New Year, or has been stressed lately, consider one of these gifts.
Categories with less than 8% of votes included shoes; cookware; jewelry; furniture and/or house-ware; wallets; artwork; and personal hygiene products.
Looking for even more holiday gift ideas? Like our Facebook page and sign up for weekly email blasts to the right to stay up to date on the best deals and gift ideas this holiday season! We will be posting tips and tricks to make your holiday season a success. Worried about affording the holiday? That’s Ok; we can help with that too. Apply today to get the extra funds you need this season!
This material was prepared for general distribution. Although all blog posts are intended to be accurate, the information and third-party links provided in the Mariner Finance’s blog are intended for general knowledge and educational purposes only without any warranties, implied or express, of any kind. The posts do not constitute investment, financial or other advice. Authors may or may not be licensed financial professionals; for specific advice, seek the input of a licensed and trained financial expert. Mariner Finance’s blog entries may also be viewed at www.personalfinancecompany.com.
get personal finance tips,
and seasonal offers.
Sign up for the Mariner Finance newsletter.