Don’t know what to get your guy, brother, son, dad, etc. this holiday season? Did you use our last year’s Top Gifts for Guys post to help you out? If so, we’re back to help again! We sent out a survey to over 1,000 Mariner Finance employees asking to rank their top gift choices. (Don’t know what to get the women in your life? Check out this year’s Top Gifts for Women!) Out of the 1,155 individuals that took our survey, 379 of them were male. They chose the following categories as their most popular gift choices:
- Electronics (51%)- The most popular gift category for guys at Mariner Finance was electronics. This includes anything from iPads, TVs, laptops, gaming systems, and gadgets. The new Apple Watch is a popular gift this holiday season!
- Gift cards (30%)-Gift cards aren’t always the most thoughtful gifts, but they are often the most sought after because they give the receiver the opportunity to choose what they want. If your significant other, brother, etc., have not been vocal about what they want, give them a gift card to their favorite store. This will give them an opportunity to pick something out they will love.
- Sporting equipment (24%)-It’s not surprising that sporting equipment ranked highly as a popular gift for guys. If they play/like a sport, consider getting them an item related to that sport, whether that’s new golf clubs or golf balls.
- Clothing (19%)-Clothing ranked high as a popular gift category for guys as well. This includes jackets, shirts, pants, etc. Taking a look through their closet will help you determine what items they might want/need. Don’t forget to look at the sizes on the tags too!
- Travel/activities (17%)-A travel and/or activity gift is thoughtful and exciting. This can include anything from concert tickets, planning a trip to a destination on his “must visit” list, lift tickets to a ski resort, sporting event tickets, and more.
- Games (12%)-If videos games are his weakness, consider purchasing him the season’s newest game. Or if he has a favorite card game, such as Cards Against Humanity, or a board game from his childhood, these may be good options as well. Then you can play along too!
- Food/beverage (11%)-You can never go wrong with a food or beverage gift for a guy. Pick out some of his favorite treats and drinks, or plan to cook his favorite meal one night. Voilà; best gift ever!
- Auto (11%)-This category can include anything from car parts to a new ride! Just make sure to check for a specific make or model before buying.
- Tools (11%)– If he’s a handyman consider gifting him some new tools or updating his old set.
- Music/movies/books (10%)-When in doubt, CD’s, movies, and books are always a safe bet.
- Health/fitness (9%)-This gift category can include anything from a gym membership, to a spa treatment. So if he’s set on getting fit for the New Year, or has been stressed lately, consider one of these gifts.
Categories with less than 8% of votes included shoes; cookware; jewelry; furniture and/or house-ware; wallets; artwork; and personal hygiene products.
Looking for even more holiday gift ideas? Like our Facebook page and sign up for weekly email blasts to the right to stay up to date on the best deals and gift ideas this holiday season! We will be posting tips and tricks to make your holiday season a success. Worried about affording the holiday? That’s Ok; we can help with that too. Apply today to get the extra funds you need this season!
†We offer personal loans from $1,000 to $25,000, with loans terms from 12 to 60 months. Minimum and maximum amounts dependent on an applicant’s state of residence and the underwriting of the loan. Loans between $1,500 and $15,000 may be funded online. Loans greater than $15,000 or less than $1,500 are funded through our branch network. Specific interest rates and fees are determined as permitted under applicable state law and depend upon loan amount, term, and the applicant’s ability to meet our credit criteria, including, but not limited to, credit history, income, debt payment obligations, and other factors such as availability of collateral. Not all rates and loan amounts are available in all states. Additional fees may apply to some loan offers; some state required and/or permitted fees may be treated as prepaid finance charges. Any such charges shall be in addition to the loan amount requested and/or approved and shall be fully disclosed to the applicant on his/her loan agreement. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rates or larger loan amounts, which may require a first lien on a motor vehicle not more than ten years old titled in the applicant’s name with valid insurance. Our loan by phone and online closing process requires a compatible mobile or computer device on which you can access your email and electronic documents. Not all loan types are eligible for loan by phone or online loan closing.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As a result, under our customer identification program, we must ask for your name, street address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
*The process uses a “soft” credit inquiry to determine whether a loan offer is available, which does not impact your credit score. If you continue with the application process online and accept a loan offer, or are referred to a branch and continue your application there, we will pull your credit report and credit score again using a “hard” credit inquiry. This “hard” credit inquiry may impact your credit score.