- How long does an application take?
- An application takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- How long will it take before I hear something regarding the status of my application?
- You should receive a response usually within the same business day. Please take into account that response time may vary based on application volume and submission time. Any further questions, please call your local branch.
- I applied and haven’t heard anything. What is the status of my application?
- To find out the status of your application, call the branch at which you applied. If you applied online, simply call the branch closest to you. They will be able to assist you and answer any other questions you may have about the application process.
- Do I have to provide proof of income to obtain a loan?
- Do you require identification, if so, what type?
- Yes, valid government issued picture identification is required.
- If I need a co-signer, does it need to be a family member?
- Do you consider applicants that have filed bankruptcy?
- How can I pay the loan?
- For your convenience, we offer a secure online access to your account information through our Customer Account Center. Creating an account is quick and easy, you will need your 12 digit account number. From the Customer Account Center you can make a payment, set-up a recurring payment, check your balance and view your history. You can also stop by your local branch to pay, or pay by phone from your bank account for a fee (local or state law permitting). If you wish to send a payment by mail please mail payments to Mariner Finance P.O. Box 44490, Baltimore, MD 21236 and include your account number.
- I’m having trouble paying online, what should I do?
- If you are having issues logging into the Customer Account Center, please contact our web support team Monday Wednesday, Thursday 9am-5pm ET, Tuesday 9am-7pm ET, Friday 9am-5pm ET, at 443-438-2056.
- How can I find out what my current balance is?
- Login to the Customer Account Center or contact your local branch to find out your current balance.
- How can I view my payment history?
- If you have questions about your payment history, login to the Customer Account Center or contact your local branch.
- Can I set up my account to make automatic payments through your company?
- Yes, Mariner Finance does provide automatic payment services at this time. Please login into the Customer Account Center or you can set up automatic payments through your own bank account.
- Can I pay my account at another branch?
- Yes, you may pay at any Mariner Finance branch.
- Do I receive a monthly statement?
- No, for your convenience we offer secure online access to your account information through our Customer Account Center.
- How can I obtain my account number?
- To obtain your account number, contact your local branch.
- Can I get my due date changed?
- Certain situations permit a change of due date. Contact your local branch to find out more.
- When does my promotional financing end?
- A local customer service representative can notify you of this. To speak to one, click here and find the branch closest to you.
- If I pay the loan off early do I have to pay interest for the entire length of the loan?
- No, you only pay interest for the amount of time the loan is open.
- I have questions about a lien release, what should I do?
- For questions regarding a lien release or titles, call the branch from which you received the loan.
Questions about a check received via mail
- I received a check from your company, is it real?
- Mariner Finance does send live checks to pre-screened, qualified individuals. Although we cannot guarantee the authenticity of all checks you may receive via mail, simply call the branch phone number on the check to verify that it is real.
- Where can I cash a check that I have received from your company?
- You can deposit the check in your bank account or cash it at any other business that cashes checks. Our recommendation is to cash it at the bank where the check is drawn. If you would like to request more money, simply call or visit your local branch. They can help you obtain extra funds.
General Loan Questions
- What type of loans do you make?
- We make personal loans for just about any reason you need! To explore our loans, click here.
- I need to borrow more money, can you help?
- We can always determine if you qualify for more money. Simply call your local branch to discuss your current needs.
- What is the minimum amount I can borrow?
- The minimum loan amount is $500. The maximum loan varies by state but can be up to $50,000.
- Is there a prepayment penalty?
Questions about Mariner Finance
- What kind of company is Mariner Finance?
- Mariner Finance is a consumer finance company.
- Are you still affiliated with 1st Mariner Bank?
- What kind of company is Pioneer Credit Company?
- Pioneer Credit Company is a consumer finance company and a subsidiary of Mariner Finance.
- Do you report to any credit bureaus?
- Mariner Finance reports directly to Equifax and TransUnion.
FIND A BRANCH NEAR YOU
Want to apply in person? We love seeing our customers. Find a convenient location to get started.Find My Branch